LCCG meeting 2nd September 2013 Minutes

 

Present

  • Steve

  • Pete (Spokes)

  • Sally (Spokes)

  • Anna

  • Mat

  • Sam (Spokes)

  • Andy B

 

As we had some new members we started with introductions and a resume of what we’ve done to date and what we plan to do next.

 

Points of note.

 

The bike racks at the Granby St end of Belvior St are reportedly loose and it is possible to lift them out of the ground. Email sent to customer.services@leicester.gov.uk by MS 2 Sept.

 

The Local Access Forum meeting is on the 3rd (tomorrow) (AB) and they would like more cyclists to attend. MS & AS to attend, 5:15 at town hall, others welcome.

 

The secretariat of the Local Access Forum is paul.stadley@leicester.gov.uk

 

The Glenfield Tunnel (as described by Keith a few months back) will be open on the Heritage Open Day on the 13th (check). Needs booking if you’re interested. Could potentially be a good bike link between Glenfield and Forest Way – cutting out a hill and some ropey bike infra.

 

Suggestion to create a collection of ‘one page wisdom’ document covering local issues, a public searchable resource of bike / access / infra knowledge. Might be a wiki. MS to investigate.

 

The Leicester cycle map is being updated late this year – additions etc to andy.salkeld@leicester.gov.uk

 

Sub meeting to discuss cycle hubs / main routes into town with Andy B, AS / MS, DW, other interested parties.

 

We plan to come up with a ‘top 3 ‘ priorities for each Leicester ward which will go to the appropriate councillors, to the Cycle City Workshop and to the Mayor. ALL – please have a think about what you’d like to see improved.

 

Next meeting 7th Oct.

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under Meetings

Comments are closed.