4 July 2016 – meeting minutes

11 members present, apologies from 2.

  1. Kidical Mass: this had taken place the day before the meeting, cycling Bede Park-Abbey Park-Bede Park. It would be repeated in another few weeks.
  2. Park survey: Brendan to send the surveys to Clare and Dennis.
  3. Hospital BUG (Bike Users’ Group): Neil has been trying to improve cycling provision at University Hospitals of Leicester (UHL). UHL is trying to set up a Bike Users’ Group: the contact is ruth.ward@uhl-tr.nhs.uk
  4. Email system: eemail seem to have fixed glitches which were causing problems in the recent past. Jamie has set up an alternative, and is testing it with a small number of members – initial results are promising. It was agreed to expand use to the rest of the forum members. It was agreed to seek user feedback for the next meeting – everyone should post at least one message.
  5. Braunstone Gate: Charlotte discussed developments at Braunstone Gate, and invited members to a public meeting on July 06 at The Laundry Bar. Clare would publicise the proposals; feedback to Charlotte on 07833 057 595; charlotte.jones@sustrans.org.uk; particularly valued would be views from residents and regular users of Braunstone Gate.
  6. Rutland Street – Neil to contact the council expressing concern about car/cycle conflicts as cars exit the car park.
  7. Belgrave Road: the consultation is open (https://consultations.leicester.gov.uk/communications/belgrave-road/consult_view). A number of members had been to the two days of exhibitions and were not impressed. There was a two lane option and a four lane option, neither had segregated facilities for cyclists. Members would be encouraged to submit comments – Mat had suggested some points; Dave agreed to expand these to a model response and circulate to members.
  8. Welford Road: There had been issues with cars parking and signs being placed in the new cycleway, and one car driver had been filmed using it to “undertake” other cars. Elizabeth and Eric would discuss it when they met Councillor Adam Clarke. Members to post on the Facebook site and comments for Councillor Clarke.  Eric agreed to invite Councillor Clarke for a ride along Welford Road.
  9. It was agreed (Eric?) to ask for a meeting with the new Police and Crime Commissioner for Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland (Willie Bach).
  10. AOB: Leicester City Public Access Forum is still looking for someone to represent the cycling interest – contact paul.standley@leicester.gov.uk if you are interested.
  11. It was agreed to have an LCCG meeting as normal on Monday August 1 (no summer break).
Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under Meetings

Comments are closed.