Meeting Minutes – Monday 1st April 2019

Present: Jaime (JM; chair/secretary), Neil (NB), Peter (PE), Eric (EL), David (DM)
Apologies: Clare

1. AGM debrief
Thanks to be sent to Stephen Cammiss and Andy Salkeld for speaking (AP: JM). Agreement that it was successful meeting. Emails and Facebook messages were useful. Timings were good. Speakers were informative and appreciated. Donations for refreshments were a good idea. Venue was good.
Ideas for next year, generally similar format. May want to look at UoL’s respiratory scientists interested in clean air initiatives to speak/contribute.

2. Proposed PCC meeting
Eric suggested that we arrange a meeting with Willy Bach (PCC) as it had been ~2 years since last meeting and Dr. Stephen Cammiss’s research and new initiatives by West Midlands (e.g. Operation Zigzag) are likely to be in the media (AP: EL to set up meeting and DM to attend as well). Also, group to request Safe Pass mat from Cycling UK (AP: NB).

3. Operation Bike Box
Eric suggested new campaign centred on vehicular mis-use of bike box’s (advanced stop lines; ASLs). Will take advantage of new facility to upload footage direct to police website. Proposal is to ask members to take photos/videos and put on associated media campaign. AP: EL to draft email to all members and, in parallel, to send message on forum to prepare people.
4. Braunstone Gate
Neil alerted group that although BG project was about to move forward, there had been council issues to do with bus access. Darren from Sustrans will update LCCG soon. Also, new development near Route 6 and Bede Park (large student block) that may affect the Sustrans route as it will presumably need car access. No action required at present.

5. Ongoing issues with trouble spots in city
Neil brought various troublesome spots to group’s attention including Wellington St and Westcotes Drive (poor bike box position). Agreed that best to start by writing a letter to Adam Clarke and Andy to ask whether any action planned. AP: Neil to draft letter, JM to review.

6. Bollards
Neil alerted group to the many bollards being put in when Sheffield stands would be preferable (and cheaper). Andy Salkeld is keen for this to happen to so members encouraged to let him know.

7. Hospital
Still no reply sent to hospital staff who we have contacted regarding cycling provision. AP: Neil to draft response, JM to review.

8. Riverside
Email to be sent around before next meeting. No member assigned.

***Meeting ended 8:30. Followed by Committee meeting***

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under Meetings, News

Comments are closed.